Winter is in full force so I wanted to share with ya’ll my favorite winter makeup essentials. These are the products I use on a regular basis. The products I continuously refill when they are gone because they help fight the winter skin flakiness and keep my skin looking dewy and glowing.
I left blush out of the equation because this is an item I change a lot! I typically wear a different shade of blush during each season.
Favorite Winter Makeup Essentials
1. Primer: If you are getting the winter “flake” e.l.f Hydrated face primer will help keep your foundation and concealer smooth. I like to rub a little on my cheeks, lower eye area, around my nose and chin. It helps keep everything in place and prevents your makeup from sliding off. This is a must have for the summer too!
2. Foundation: My number one winter makeup must have is a hydrating foundation. I have been using the Clinique super balanced silk makeup broad spectrum SPF 15 foundation for a year and love how dewy it makes my skin look. I also love it Cosmetics CC+ Cream for a quick bit of coverage if I am in a rush.
3. Concealer: I cannot say enough great things about Brown This Way multi-use sculpting Too Faced concealer & NRS Radiant creamy concealer. It is a huge cult favorite and for good reason. It covers and brightens the darkest circles and really gives your face a lifted appearance when you apply it in an upward triangle shape. I also use this around my nose or on a blemish to conceal redness. I wear the shade- light neutral in the winter.
4. Foundation brush: Sephora ready to roll brush set is truly a slice of heaven for your skin. I use it to blend in my foundation for a flawless finish. The bristles have special anti-aging peptides and antioxidants in them to help improve the look of your skin upon application. I use this every. single. time I apply foundation. It’s quick and easy.
5. Eye Shadow Palette: Pretty rich diamond light eyeshadow palette Too Faced seems to be everyone’s favorite. It has all the perfect shades for a daytime look and a few darker shades that will take you into night time. I like to line my lower lash line with Busted when going for a smokey eye.
6. Eyebrows: Anastasia Breverly Hills Dip brow pomade is great for my eyebrow shaping.Long-lasting and smudge-proof. High-pigment formula glides on easily and dries fast. Dip brow is best applied with an angled brow brush with short, stiff bristles. You can easily outline and fill a perfect eyebrow. After applying the desired amount of color, be sure to blend with a clean brush.
7. Eye Lashes: Ditamora cosmetics Sexy and Eye Know It lashes are gorgeous and perfectly dramatic.Love those for my daily use.
8. Mascara: Better than sex mascara Too Faced mascara duo are my go to for the longest, thickest looking lashes. First I apply 1-2 coats of the primer and let it dry for a few seconds. Then I apply 2-3 coats of mascara. My secret to keeping your lashes long is make sure you use products that keep the lash soft. When the product makes your lashes stiff they tend to break off. Waterproof mascara can be particularly hard on your lashes so try to steer clear of waterproof.
9. Eyeliner: liquid black liner to my upper eyelid. Then line my waterline with the pencil liner. I have used Fly liner long wear liquid eyeliner Fenty Beauty pencil liners for years.
10. Bronzer bronzer: The winter typically leaves our skin a little drab when it comes to color. To bring life to my face I apply Amrezy Highlighter or Becca to my hairline, under my cheekbones and along my jaw line. It also helps give my face definition and contour.
11. Beauty blender: The orignal beauty blender this little baby is a must have for any makeup bag. First, dampen the sponge a tad so it doesn’t absorb all of your makeup. A damp sponge also helps blend any product seamlessly. I use this to blend my concealer and then dab any spots of foundation that may have settled in the creases. To wash, use Dawn dish soap or a baby soap.
12. Lipstick: Lipstick is like the cherry on top when all of your makeup is complete. It polishes off your look and completes everything. I love MAC , YVES Saint Laurent & Burberry Beauty range of lipsticks because they come in so many different color options and sheens. Matte, sheer, pearlized, etc. Some of my favorite colors for everyday are Hot Gossip, Snob and Angel.
What are your makeup favorites or must haves? I love trying out new products and hearing what everyone else loves! Let me know in the comments below